Sunday, 10/6 ~
- Security Team Meeting at 12:45 p.m. in the Youth Center.
Monday, 10/7 ~
Tuesday, 10/8 ~
- Men’s Bible Study at 6:00 p.m. in the Youth Center. Join the Men of Calvary for dinner, fun, fellowship and a study of God’s Word! Dinner, pool and fellowship start at 6:00 p.m. followed by worship and a Bible Study in 1 John led by Pastor Jim.
Wednesday, 10/9 ~
- Wednesday Night Service at 6:30 p.m.
- Romans 5:1-5 “Saints and Suffering”
- KidzLife at 6:30 p.m. (Education Building)
- Jr. High at 6:30 p.m. (Youth Center)
- High School at 6:30 p.m. (Education Building)
Thursday, 10/10 ~
Friday, 10/11 ~
- Jr. High Youth Group Fellowship “Movie Event” from 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. in the Youth Center. We are hosting a screening of the animated Christian film “The Pilgrims Progress.” Wear your P.J.’s or something comfy, bring a friend, and a movie snack to share. We will be providing pizza, salad, drinks and lots of popcorn. To help translate and distribute “The Pilgrims Progress” freely into the mission field, RevelationMedia (producers of this movie) humbly ask for a free-will offering of any amount. We will be collecting the contributions the night of the movie and mail them to RevelationMedia on behalf of CCQC Junior High Youth Ministry. For information, email email@example.com or call/text Denise Wisener or Cary Kent.
Saturday, 10/12 ~
- Men’s Fellowship at 7:00 a.m. (Teachers’ Lounge)
- Food Bank from 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. (Rhodes Hall)
- Prayer at 8:30 a.m. (Teachers’ Lounge)
- GriefShare at 10:00 a.m. (Teachers’ Lounge)
- Marriage Fellowship at the Casillas’ home. Food and fellowship are from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. followed by the “Love Your Marriage” study by Dr. Randy Carlson. The food theme is “Mexican.” Please bring a dish to share. Contact Tadd or Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Sunday, 10/13 ~
- Blood Drive — 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Bloodmobile)
- Services — 9:00 and 11:00 a.m.
- Adult Sunday School — 9:00 a.m. (Youth Center)
- Children’s Sunday School — 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. (Education Building)
- Jr. High School — 11:00 a.m. (Rhodes Hall) (stays in service first Sunday of the month)
- High School — 11:00 a.m. (Youth Center) (stays in service first Sunday of the month)
- Uniquely Special Sunday School — 11:00 a.m. (Little House)
- Spanish Service — 1:00 p.m.
Upcoming Events at CCQC
- Blood Drive ~ Sunday, October 13th from 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Bloodmobile that will be parked on the east side of Rhodes Hall. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code: calvaryqc.
- Servant Appreciation Conference ~ Friday, October 18th and Saturday, October 19th at CCQC. If you served at CCQC in any capacity for any length of time, you’re invited! Go to calvaryqueencreek.org/servant-appreciation-conference/ and click on “Register Here.”
- Harvest Festival 2019 ~ Saturday, October 26th from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at CCQC. You are invited to our annual Harvest Festival. Not only is this an event for our church family, but it is also an outreach to the community. This is a free event. There will be food ($20 max per family), games, bounce houses, a large inflatable slide, obstacle courses, a petting zoo, candy and lots of fun! Invitations are in the lobby. Invite someone!
Mark Your Calendars
- Financial Peace University ~ Classes start on Monday, November 4th from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. in the Youth Center. Financial Peace University (FPU) teaches God’s ways of handling money through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely and much more! The cost is $100 per couple and $50 for widow/ers or singles. Sign up on the church’s website under “Courses.” Note: Sign up by October 16th to get your materials on time.
- AZ Men’s Conference 2019 ~ Join us for the 2019 annual AZ Men’s Conference in Prescott, AZ from November 8th – 10th! The registration cost is $135. Register online by November 1st. (Attendees must be at least 14 years of age.)
- Calvary Connection ~ Please email Steve at email@example.com to join Calvary Connection and receive a weekly email which includes videos of upcoming Sunday service songs, a Scripture reading calendar, prayer needs and reminders. The purpose is to help us prepare our hearts each week for the upcoming Lord’s Day Worship.
- Harvest Festival Volunteer Opportunity ~ If you are looking for an opportunity to serve, please consider serving at the Harvest Festival. We need helpers for setting up, tearing down, overseeing inflatables, overseeing game stations, etc. Sign-ups are online on the church’s website.
- Home Fellowships ~ We have openings for more home fellowship leaders and hosts. If you have attended CCQC for at least 6 months and are interested, please contact Pastor Darrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit calvaryqueencreek.org/home-fellowships/and fill out the Home Fellowship Form.
- Music Ministry ~ Our worship team is looking for humble, skilled worshipers to serve in the following positions: Bass, Guitar, Drum and Keys.
- Nursery and 2 Year Old Volunteer Opportunity ~ Adults and youth (12 years and older) are needed as teachers, care providers and helpers for the Nursery and 2 year old Toddlers’ Sunday School for 9:00 a.m. services (most urgent need) and 11:00 a.m. services. No lesson preparation is required. Assistance and all materials will be provided. Serve as often or as little as you’d like. Just bring your love of Christ, your desire to serve as His instrument, and a heart for little ones. (For the protection of vulnerable young ones, written application and approval are required for teachers and caregivers in addition to regular church attendance for at least 6 months.) Please contact Annette Machock (email@example.com) for more information.
- Sunday School Team ~ Join the Sunday School Team and help students learn the Bible so they can defend their faith and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Lessons are pre-prepared. Help two times a month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or see her at the “Plugged-in” counter in the east lobby.
- Ushers and Greeters ~ If you have attended CCQC for at least 6 months, please pray about serving as an usher and/or a greeter. We have openings! Please email Cheryl at email@example.com for a Ministry Application. Thank you!