Sunday, 8/12 ~
Monday, 8/13 ~
Tuesday, 8/14 ~
- Ladies Nehemiah Study at 9:00 a.m. or 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Study books are available for $10 in the bookstore along with schedules and details. Questions? Contact Claudia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, 8/15 ~
- Wednesday Night Service at 6:30 p.m. (Sanctuary)
- Joshua 7 “Trouble in the Camp!”
- Summer Program for Kids at 6:30 p.m. (Education Building)
Thursday, 8/16 ~
Friday, 8/17 ~
- Beyonders at 6:00 p.m. in the Youth Center. Sign up for fellowship and a fun meal of In-N-Out, copycat burgers, with Fruit for dessert. The church will supply burgers, buns and cheese. Questions? Contact Karen at email@example.com.
- Young Adults at 7:00 p.m. at the Remington’s house. Adults ages 18-29 (married or single) are invited to join us as we continue our study in John 6. New high school graduates are welcome to join us as well. Questions? Contact Claudia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, 8/18 ~
- Men’s Fellowship at 7:00 a.m. (Teacher’s Lounge in the Education Building)
- Prayer at 8:30 a.m. (Teacher’s Lounge in the Education Building)
- GriefShare at 10:00 a.m. (Teacher’s Lounge in the Education Building)
Sunday, 8/19 ~
- Services — 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Adult Sunday School — 9:00 a.m. (On Break)
- Children’s Sunday School — 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Jr. High School and High School Services — 11:00 a.m. (Stay in service first Sunday of the month.)
- Uniquely Special Sunday School — 11:00 a.m.
- Spanish Service — 2:00 p.m.
Upcoming Events at CCQC
- Arizona Diamondbacks Faith and Family Night Ticket(s) Pick-up ~ Sunday, August 19th in the east lobby, or contact Pastor Darrell to make arrangements (email@example.com).
- GriefShare Support Group ~ Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the Education Building. We are here to help and encourage after the death of a loved one. We know it hurts. GriefShare can help. Questions? Contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mending the Soul (MTS) ~ Fall session is from Tues., Aug. 28th – Tues., Nov. 13th. The time is TBD. MTS is a woman’s support group addressing past and present abuses (physical, mental, emotional, sexual, spiritual) which distorts the likeness of God in us. This is a 12-week program and commitment which includes weekly homework and a 2 hour small group meeting per week. The cost is $48 and space is limited. Go to calvaryqueencreek.org/mending-the-soul/ to sign up and/or contact Sandy Glazebrook at email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendars
- Incredible Family Camp ~ Saturday, Sept. 1st at 10:00 a.m. – Monday, Sept. 3rd at 1:00 p.m. at Tonto Rim Christian Camp. This will be an unforgettable adventure-filled Christian family camp with kid-friendly activities, fabulous buffet meals, the great outdoors, and learning about God’s awesomeness! Rates: Youth 12 yrs. – Adults at $175 / Kids 3-8 yrs. at $95 / Babies 0-2 are free! Go to www.tontorimcc.com for more info. and to register today!
- Men’s Retreat 2018 (“All In” – Luke 9:23) ~ October 12th – 14th at Tonto Rim Christian Camp. Cost? $140 per person & $110 for sons (25 yrs. old and younger) attending with their father. To sign up, you may go to our church website or go directly to Calvary Chapel Surprise’s website. Please Note: Beds are limited. If you plan to attend, register ASAP to avoid the waiting list.
- Ladies Statewide Retreat ~ October 26-28 at Lost Canyon in Williams, AZ. Cost? $135. Registration forms and info. are in the lobby.
- Israel Tour 2019 ~ March 7th – 18th 2019. You are invited to join us for an incredible tour of Israel. For more information or to register, please go to the Israel Trip 2019 page. Also, feel free to pick up a flyer in the south or east lobbies.
- Food Bank ~ CCQC’s Food Bank along with United Food Bank are addressing the concerns of childhood hunger in our community and Arizona. We are currently accepting donations of non-perishable items for our Food Bank’s distribution to families in need. Donations may include peanut butter, canned veggies, pasta, soups, etc. You may place your donations in the Food Bank’s bin which is in the lobby, or you may give them directly to Mike or Diane Macias. This will be an ongoing project. Thank you all in advance for supporting our Food Bank’s efforts to end childhood hunger in our community!
- Uniquely Special Ministry, which is designed to minister to children with challenges has openings for buddies to provide one on one support. The class meets on Sundays at 11:00 a.m. Training will be provided. Please contact Mary Ann Jennings or Cheryl McAlister at firstname.lastname@example.org for a tour. Ministry Applications are required to serve and are available at the “Get Plugged in” Counter.
- Ushers and Greeters ~ We have openings for more ushers. If you are interested, please contact Steve Fulton at email@example.com.